History

The Sanford Business and Professional Women’s Club has been supporting women and their initiatives since 1945.

Our local club is a member of the North Carolina Federation of Business and Professional Women’s Clubs (www.bpw-nc.org), which began when a group of women from Asheville, Charlotte, Greensboro, Raleigh, Salisbury, and Winston-Salem met in Charlotte on June 24-25, 1919, a month before the national federation was formed.

A full history of BPW in North Carolina can be found here: http://www.bpw-nc.org/BPW_NC_History